Share the moment with mobile video calling Show a friend your new haircut, or your five-year-old’s latest painting. Have a face-to-face meeting with far-off clients. With Skype on Android, you can make mobile video calls*** to other Skype users on Android and iPhone smart phones, MAC and Windows PCs and TV too.
To make a video call you’ll need a phone with two cameras, front and rear. Right now video calling is available on selected handsets, and we’ll be adding more very soon.
v05 is here!
It is intended for
Android 2.3 devices only and it has:
- No autostart (if skype keeps autostarting, disable skype contacts' sync!)
- Exit button
- Fixed status icons @ notification bar
- Bluetooth audio (experimental / while in-call tap options key and then "Toggle BT Audio". You need to have an active connection with a BT headset first, of course )
- Works with devices with no camera, incompatible CPU (no video-calling of course!)
- Works with devices with only one camera
- Works with devices with 2 cameras
- Has a new settings screen, ADVANCED SETTINGS, where you can customize things!
Just press options key and tap Advanced Settings.
Additional settings available:
- Force-enable video-calling
- Keep screen alive, will prevent screen from going off when in audio-calls
- Force one camera, for users that their devices report they have 2 cameras, while in fact they have only 1!
- Avoid setFPS, fix for some users with black image on their cameras
- Phone-allocated buffer, will let your phone decide the required size for the camera buffer, may fix black image (highly unlikely though!)
- Herotab/Dropad FC fix, for users of this tablet, fixes FC when tapping video-call button
- Camera resolution picker (Black camera image or zoomed image? Try "Force 320x240"!)
- Focus Mode
- Color Effect
- Scene Mode
- White Balance
- Rotation (will rotate your camera image - thanks to droidrx)
- Flip image you see
- Flip both image you see and send
- (Audio) Ringtone picker, choose your own sound for incoming calls!
- (Audio) Notification sound picker, choose your own notification sound!
- (Audio) Disable vibration entirely
- (Audio) Notification vibration pattern, customize vibration
- (Audio) Disable sign-in/out sounds
- (Audio) Force speaker off after skype calls, if your speaker stays enabled after skype calls
- (Audio) Use MODE_IN_CALL, for devices that audio fails by default
If you don't see some of the above settings, they're not supported on your device.
(Unsupported focus/other modes may lead to black camera image, just pick another or revert to "Default"!)
To get video-calling just check "Force-enable video-calling" in Advanced Settings and restart Skype app!
Video-calling is LANDSCAPE ONLY!!!
****************************Try this app before you cry please! It only takes a few minutes to see if it works on your handset or tab!
As always, uninstall original skype app, then install my APK!
If you have force-closes or issues, try wiping skype app data using Titanium backup and reinstall.